Have you designed a fun beading project that you’d like to teach at our 2017 Bead Bazaar?
Make and Takes should be short, technique-oriented projects that can be completed in less than an hour.
All projects will be reviewed by a jury and selected based on technique, time needed, quality of design, and quality of photographs submitted.
All possible effort will be made to accommodate each selected teacher’s desired time.
Please submit a separate application and photos for each project.
Guidelines for Make-and-Take Teachers:
- Teachers must provide a sample of the project that is being proposed which will be held in a glass case at the reception/registration table.
- The SDBS will advertise classes in its social media platforms, but teachers should also actively advertise and promote your classes to encourage sign-ups before the bazaar.
- SDBS provides two tables for each M&T. Teachers agree to give the Bead Society 25% of M&T revenue and 10% of materials kits sold.
- Teachers are to only use the 2 tables provided them for display and/or storage of supplies. Even though a table adjacent to your table may be empty, it is not to be used under any circumstances.
- There will be ½ hour intervals between classes for setup. Please ensure that you have completely cleared your area at the end of your slotted time as a courtesy to the next teacher on the schedule.
- Teachers are expected to arrive ½ hour prior to the beginning of their class in order to be fully set-up for the students to begin at the scheduled time.
- Teachers are not to remain at the tables at the end of their allotted schedule unless they are scheduled to teach again in the following time slot.
- Selling beads or supplies other than the ones required for the projects is strictly prohibited. Any person found selling beads, materials, tools, or any other item, not related to the M&T offered will be asked to leave and will have all subsequent classes cancelled.
- All class fees are to be paid through the SDBS. A representative of the society will come to your table at the beginning of each class to accept payment from any last minute walk-in students.
- A checklist of students will be provided to each teacher prior to their classes. Please compare these to your actual students. If anyone who has paid does not attend, please inform the Bead Society of this fact.
- Receipt books will be provided each teacher. All materials fees will be collected by the teacher and a receipt will be created for the student using the receipt books. The receipt books will be returned to a Bead Society representative at the end of each day.
- San Diego Bead Society will prepare an accounting for each teacher and issue checks within 2 weeks. The accounting will list each student, the class fee paid, materials fees collected, and commission percentages withheld for each teacher.