Save the date for our 2018 Bead Bazaar
on August 4th and 5th!
$3.00 Entry Fee
Purchase tickets at the door!
This year’s Bead Bazaar will take place on
Saturday and Sunday, August 4 and 5,
at the Scottish Rite Event Center in Mission Valley!
Shop on Saturday from 10:00 A.M to 6:00 P.M
and on Sunday from 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Beads never go out of style! From earthly and natural colors to bold and aquatic hues, there are an abundance of seed beads, glass beads, wood beads and gem stones to string, embroider, layer and wrap. Embellishments can range from tiny tassel to raw crystals and metal accents.
Our Bazaar is the perfect place to purchase materials and finished pieces of jewelry so you can create and wear all things beady in 2018 and beyond! It’s also a great place to learn a new technique or enjoy our fun Make & Take classes.
As a bit of background, our annual Bead Bazaar is our largest fundraiser, and 2018 marks the 19th year that we have put on the event. Proceeds from the Bazaar help the SDBS support many activities throughout the year, including speakers and classes, community outreach, and our affiliation with the Mingei International Museum. Our Bazaar brings together finished jewelry from unique jewelry artists and vendors that provide quality merchandise for all your jewelry-making needs.
What You Can Find at the Bead Bazaar:
- Loads of beads, semi-precious stones, and crystals
- Gorgeous gemstones
- Unique lampwork and handcrafted glass beads
- Austrian Swarovski crystals, many in unique shapes and sizes
- European glass beads, both modern and vintage
- Czech beads including the new shapes and two-holed collections, like SuperDuos and pip beads
- Japanese seed beads (both Toho and Miyuki) in a great selection of colors and sizes
- Jewelry designs in chain maille, bead weaving, kumihimo, polymer clay, and precious metal clay
- Copper beads and findings
- Yarn for your knitting needs
- Beautiful imported Czech glass buttons
- Popular and practical beading mats and beading accessories
- Stringing materials, threads, and wire, including Fireline, One-G, and nymo
- Lapidary and wire-working tools
- Charms and charm sets
- Finished pieces that are perfect for you or for gift-giving
- Vendors with artistic and contemporary beads and handcrafted items from around the world
- Make-and-Take jewelry classes and jewelry-making demonstrations offered throughout the event
Information about Make-and-Take Classes:If you would like to sign up for one of our Make-and-Take classes at the Bazaar, please go to this page of our website after July 1.