Save the date!
This year’s Bead Bazaar will take place on Saturday and Sunday, August 5 and 6, at the Scottish Rite Event Center in Mission Valley!
Shop on Saturday from 10:00 A.M to 6:00 P.M
and on Sunday from 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
According to the January 2 issue of Accessories Magazine, “accessories are getting the beaded treatment for Spring 2017. From earthly and natural colors to rich and aquatic hues, look to seed beads, glass beads and wood beads that are layered and wrapped. Embellishments range from tiny tassel to raw crystals and metal accents.”
Our Bazaar is the perfect place to purchase materials and finished pieces of jewelry so you can create and wear all things beady in 2017 and beyond!
As a bit of background, our annual Bead Bazaar is our largest fundraiser, and 2017 marks the 18th year that we have put on the event. Proceeds from the Bazaar help the SDBS support many activities throughout the year, including speakers and classes, community outreach, and our affiliation with the Mingei International Museum. Our Bazaar brings together finished jewelry from unique jewelry artists and vendors that provide quality merchandise for all your jewelry-making needs.
Admission is free to all active military personnel and their families with proper ID.
Plenty of free parking at the Scottish Rite Event Center, located at 1895 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, 92128.
|Offer Expires: Aug. 6, 2017|
What You Can Find at the Bead Bazaar:
- Loads of beads, semi-precious stones, and crystals
- Gorgeous gemstones
- Unique lampwork and handcrafted glass beads
- Austrian Swarovski crystals, many in unique shapes and sizes
- European glass beads, both modern and vintage
- Czech beads including the new shapes and two-holed collections, like SuperDuos and pip beads
- Japanese seed beads (both Toho and Miyuki) in a great selection of colors and sizes
- Jewelry designs in chain maille, bead weaving, kumihimo, polymer clay, and precious metal clay
- Copper beads and findings
- Yarn for your knitting needs
- Beautiful imported Czech glass buttons
- Popular and practical beading mats and beading accessories
- Stringing materials, threads, and wire, including Fireline, One-G, and nymo
- Lapidary and wire-working tools
- Charms and charm sets
- Finished pieces that are perfect for you or for gift-giving
- Vendors with artistic and contemporary beads and handcrafted items from around the world
- Make-and-Take jewelry classes and jewelry-making demonstrations offered throughout the event
Information about Make-and-Take Classes:
If you would like to sign up for one of our Make-and-Take classes at the Bazaar, please go to this page of our website after July 1.
We’re excited to welcome the following vendors to this year’s Bead Bazaar:
|Company Name||Owner||Type of Product|
|Allene’s Beads||Allene Rose||Blown glass beads|
|Bead Art-Worth||Jody Young||Shell and wood finished pieces|
|Beads & Crafts Inc.||Patrick Zhang||Chain, wire, silver, findings, and beads|
|Beads on Main||Monika Lindeman||Beads, findings|
|Beth Mann Jewelry, Jo Carle, Sandra McManus||Beth Mann, Jo Carle, and Sandra McManus||Finished work|
|Designs by Jonna||Jonna Faulkner||Demos of silver work; finished work|
|Divine Spark Designs||Jenny Friske-Baer||Beads and buttons|
|Jujee Beads||Judy Carlson||Blown glass beads|
|Kahn-Fagan Designs||Ellen Fagan||Demos of beadwork; European glass beads, both modern and vintage; charms and charm sets, stringing materials and wire|
|Kay Teeters Designs/Karen Gassaway Lampwork||Kay Teeters/Karen Gassaway||Bead work and lampwork beads|
|Kilim Company||Daryoush Yerushalmi||African beads|
|Klews’ Gallery||Karen Lewis||Finished work|
|Laura Souder Studio||Laura Souder||Raku jewelry, beads|
|Leilani Arts||Ken Wing||Yarn, beads, fiber arts|
|Linda Dillard /Pati Fabian||Linda Dillard and Pati Fabian||Beads and finished work|
|Pema Beads||Pema Gurung||Antique beads and jewelry from Bhuton and around the globe|
|Sandy Schor||Katy Zimmerman||Beads, vintage chains, keys|
|Shell La Vie||Gilroy Gorre||Finished jewelry made from sea shells|
|Southern CA Local Bead Store Association||Svea Komori||Contacts for local bead stores|
|Spirit, Inc.||Polly Kanazaki||Czech glass buttons|
|Tangible Light||Michelle Davis||Beads|
|Whim Beads/Out on a Whim||Beki Haley||Seed beads and beads|
|Yarnover Truck||Maridee Nelson||Yarn, fiber arts|