Thank you for considering a donation to the San Diego Bead Society! Here is some information on what we currently need. If you send us a message on our Contact Form and click “Donate” in the topic dropdown, someone will reach out to you about organizing a donation pickup/dropoff.
Please note that we are NOT currently accepting book donations right now.
Below some of the items we’re currently accepting for donations:
- Seed beads
- Crystals (Swarovski, Preciosa, etc)
- Gem cabochons and beads
- Size 10-12 beading needles
- Bead storage, such as tackle boxes, Hamilton drawers, etc
- Fireline fishing wire (4-8lbs), NylonG thread, etc
- Foundation sheets & ultrasuede (fabric scrap donations are fine too)
- Bead trays
If you’d like to donate a starter kit for a child/teen in our Kandi Program, please message us the amount you’d like to donate! Starter kits are usually $20 and we normally expect participants to have their own iron to use. Below are some items we’re currently accepting specifically for the Kandi Program:
- Ironing boards
- Rolls of parchment paper
- Clean pony beads
- Melty beads of all brands (Perler, Artbeads, etc)
- Melty bead boards (especially large transparent ones)
- Kid-friendly tweezers
We appreciate everything the community has done for us over the years and hope to continue serving the San Diego area for years to come.