There are plenty of benefits to becoming a member of the San Diego Bead Society!
Membership benefits include:
- Monthly presentations by leading artists and academic experts in beads and related crafts
- Artisan workshops and classes
- Community knowledge base
- Lending Library of bead and craft publications
- Monthly SDBS newsletter sent out via email
- Special discounts at local bead stores & online shops
- Special events including the Annual Bead Bazaar and the members-only bead swap!
- Field trips to museums & points of interest for creatives
- Volunteer and community outreach opportunities
- And much more!
Join or renew online by visiting our membership info and renewals page, which will allow you to pay with PayPal or credit card. (Please note that a Paypal account is not required to complete payment with credit card.) If you wish to pay by check, please download and complete the Membership Application Form and mail it to the address listed on it with your payment.
General Membership includes voting rights, eligibility for SDBS office, and all other benefits of SDBS membership.
About Our Meetings
NOTE: Due to the pandemic and effects of COVID-19, we are currently all virtual. Please stay tuned for more information on when we are able to resume regular in-person meetings!
Our speakers generally give a presentation on Saturday, and then teach a class for us on Sunday. For a list of the classes that will be taught, please check our Classes page, which has sign-up information and class details.
We are dark (no meeting) in December each year.
If you haven’t yet been to a SD Bead Society meeting and don’t know where our meeting room is, please don’t worry, for the staff at the front desk of the JCC can point you in the right direction when you arrive.
Are you looking for a mind boggling collection of beading treasures? Each year we have a drawing for the Bead Jar. To be eligible for the drawing, bring to our meetings some beautiful beads left over from a project or that special bead you bought in a moment of insanity that just isn’t your color or style. At the end of the year, a drawing is held to see who wins it all. Drop your donation in the jar, take a ticket, and you may be this year’s lucky winner!